Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information collected and stored by My Learning (UK) Ltd might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (the DPA).
My Learning (UK) Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to My Learning (UK) Ltd to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from My Learning (UK) Ltd;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an My Learning (UK) Ltd website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to My Learning (UK) Ltd when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- My Learning (UK) Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
Storage and retention of your information
- My Learning (UK) Ltd will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that My Learning (UK) Ltd uses and the security policies which My Learning (UK) Ltd has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Use of Your Information
My Learning (UK) Ltd may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding My Learning (UK) Ltd's or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the My Learning (UK) Ltd website(s) and other services and developing My Learning (UK) Ltd's marketing plans.
My Learning (UK) Ltd may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by My Learning (UK) Ltd to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by My Learning (UK) Ltd as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the My Learning (UK) Ltd website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure My Learning (UK) Ltd's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request; (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of My Learning (UK) Ltd and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring My Learning (UK) Ltd to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an My Learning (UK) Ltd website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to My Learning (UK) Ltd.
In the event that My Learning (UK) Ltd (or a relevant part of My Learning (UK) Ltd) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant My Learning (UK) Ltd business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom My Learning (UK) Ltd is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on My Learning (UK) Ltd by the third party.
When you visit an My Learning (UK) Ltd website(s), My Learning (UK) Ltd uses "cookie" technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies My Learning (UK) Ltd use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an My Learning (UK) Ltd website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
- PHPSESSID - Stores your PHP sessionid so we can store data as part of the standard PHP session system. If you are not logged in, it stores nothing, except the fact you are not logged in.
- cookie_msg - A flag that lets us know you've already seen the 'Cookie information' message.
- vle_device - Lets us know the type of device you are using or would prefer to use when accessing our product.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that My Learning (UK) Ltd does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
To access certain parts of the My Learning (UK) Ltd websites, My Learning (UK) Ltd may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
The entire UK Information Commissioners Office Policy for the adoption of EU Cookie law can be obtained from this link
An online copy of the Data Protection Act which My Learning (UK) Ltd adheres to is available here